facebook twitter pinterest instagram youtube
 photo toppost.png

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

The Long Way Home

When’s the last time you failed at something?  What about the last time you were rejected in a big way?  Have you ever fallen flat on your face?  We’ve all been there and I’m certainly no exception.  I’ve been down more times than I care to count to be entirely honest! 

Recently I put myself out there…. to be scrutinized, judged and analyzed.  All in hopes that a door that I wanted to walk through would swing open wide.  It came back to me that I didn’t measure up. I had failed.  I was flat out rejected with no explanation of any kind.  

If you’ve heard me speak at all you know how strongly I feel about the power of gratitude so I immediately fought back the tears, dusted off my knees
(so to speak) and started thanking God for closing that door so swiftly and firmly that I had no chance to walk through it.  Now why would I thank God that I just failed?  Because I believe He was saving me from some unforeseen problem or greater failure that He didn’t want me to have to endure.  At least that’s how I prefer to look at it.  

There are many reasons things don’t turn out the way we want or expect.  We can’t possibly see or know all, right!?   Does that stop us from stepping out? From being bold?  From showing vulnerability?  God, I hope not!

How do you cope with disappointment, failure or rejection?  

I say we should be thankful in all things and through all things.  We don’t have to always be thankful FOR the thing….just through it.  There’s power in gratitude.  I was creating a special video a while back and I discussed the fact that you can’t have thoughts of gratitude or thanksgiving at the same time as having self-defeating, negative thoughts.  It just can’t be.  One will take power over the other, it’s all in how you decide to look at a situation.  

What are you grateful for today?  This week?  This year?  How are you going to cast out negative feelings, thoughts and emotions and replace them with feelings and thoughts of gratitude?  Can you do it?  Sure you can!  You can do anything you set your mind to do.  

We all have the power to choose what we set our minds on.  I recently finished Mindset, my 6th book of the year, by Dr. Carol Dweck and it was a mind blower!  She talks about two different mindsets.  The fixed mindset and the growth mindset.  You can imagine which is more favorable.  It’s a book well worth the read and it will hopefully change the way to speak, think and even act.  

The fixed mindset folks hate challenges, setbacks and failures.  They simply don’t have the coping skills necessary to bounce back with ease.  Whereas a person with growth mindset sees challenges and obstacles as an opportunity to get better, to learn and ultimately to grow.  Challenges are simply a part of life.  Without them how can we expect to achieve success?

I choose to see my obstacles as a possible change in course, a new way to look at something and an opportunity to grow into a better person.  I’m grateful for God’s leading and guidance most of all.  

It says in Proverbs 4:11
        “I guide you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths.”  
This is some good stuff my friends.   
In Psalm 32:8 He says 
        “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life.  
        I will advise you and watch over you.”

Hang onto His truth and enjoy the straight paths even though the journey isn’t all ice cream and rainbows….we can do this!   Get up, shake it off, put a smile on your face, maybe even do a cartwheel or two then keep on keeping on. 

I plan on making this the best year of my entire life.  This is just the beginning, my friends.  We will see great growth, successes, and victories.  Let’s bring others up with us as we take this journey into freedom and life.  

Don’t forget to follow our new adventure “The Long Way Home” (at least I think that’s what we’ll call it) as we travel the US in a year in search for the next place we’ll land to call home.   Watch the video here, read the announcement blogpost here and follow my Live Decorated with Blu Wyatt Facebook page for all the latest.  


Blessings,

Blu Wyatt


No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme