facebook twitter pinterest instagram youtube
 photo toppost.png

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

finally!!!!! my little news

Sharing this news without first sharing a scripture that fits the news so here we begin....

"Make a careful exploration of who you are and the work you have been given, and then sink yourself into that. Don’t be impressed with yourself. Don’t compare yourself with others. Each of you must take responsibility for doing the creative best you can with your own life."   Galatians 6:4-5 (The Message Bible)

We've all been created for a special purpose and how can each of us live a truly "Decorated" life if we aren't living out that purpose we were made for?    Lesson from Galatians: 

  • don't compare yourself with others
  • don't be filled with pride thinking its all about you
  • Live creatively and do your very best at whatever it is God has called you to.


For the past week and a half I've had this big, long post written and revised half a dozen times trying to wrangle words on a page into an eloquent, captivating announcement & explanation would have you on the edge of your seat.  Then I tossed the whole thing out then brought some of it back and so on...... Even though the details are between me, God and my Honey read on for .....the story and the news.  (it's a bit winded but worth the read)

Sharing this Big News Splash is something my fingers are having a hard time articulating even now, months after my decision has been made.  

Are you ready?  
Are you sure?  

                                        WAIT!  
There is ONE condition you must agree to before reading any further...you must agree to NOT judge me.  The Bible tells us not to judge others, right?  You get to be you, I get to be me and we can agree not to judge each other since we can't see the full scope of each other's lives and each issue we will face.  

Agreed????

If yes, read on.  If no, I'll pray for you.  And you may now exit this blog, never to return again:)  Happy Joy Love Peace to you.

(I had a video made so I could tell you face to face but technology won the little tussle)

Now for those of you still with me....allow me to introduce myself for the first time ...... as......

wait for it.....

     Diella Blu Wyatt

You got it!  I'm changing my name officially and legally to Diella Blu Wyatt.....although most likely I'll just go by Diella Wyatt.  If you've known me for any length of time you know that Blu just comes with the territory:)  

......uhh
               ........hello???

                                   .......yeah, YOU!

you can stop laughing now.


"Why in the world would you do such a thing?"  you ask.   Since you know I'm not the best at translating thoughts & stories on a page (translation: I'm not a writer) let me see if I can put it into words without boring you.  (I use bullets sometimes because my eyes need to jump ahead when I read...try it....)
  • Throughout my life I loved moving cities, states and yes, even countries (Cozumel, Mexico to be exact) and each time I moved I'd view it as a chance to start over....again & again with only 2 options presenting themselves  ~ Tricia or Lynn.  This may seem like no big thing to about 99% of the population as the name you received at birth generally sticks with you till death do you part.  
  • Not for me.....Folks from my past, depending on where I was living when they met me, know me as either "Trish" or "Tricia" (with the exception of Miami where I was T-Bone or Bones:).  
  • This name dance I choreographer brought me to the conclusion that my kids would have several really cool names to choose from so they could easily transition from their childhood name to another then move into their adult life without skipping a beat.  
  • The story goes on.  
From the moment we decided to have a second child I was certain we would have a blue eyed girl with curly blond hair and her name would be Eliana Blu Wyatt.  Not a single doubt ever entered my mind.  Even laying on the table looking at the screen, finding out what I was looking at was a boy I asked her to "look harder, there must be a twin because I AM having a GIRL!"   Once the tears were shed joy soon filled my heart with the thought of having another precious boy.

please enjoy this random injection of color and crystal
A year later I still wasn't ready to toss that beautiful name to the wind so I then, "Blu Wyatt" was born on my Facebook account.  I mean, with just a couple clicks I can always change it back, right?....nothing too permanent....however I lost a lot of friends who couldn't place how they knew a gal named Blu.  Those who didn't accidentally "unfriend" me made sure I knew how ridiculous it was to change my name.   Hence my apprehension writing this post.

At this point I had no intention of changing my name for real, just to try to get it out of my system, so to speak.  
  • Jump ahead.  
Timing: a couple months ago
Location: Dallas 
Speaker: Lance Wallnau
Message: we are not only worshippers, we are warriors

ding ding ding ding....... bells, whistles, fireworks all ringing & exploding on the inside of me.  I knew at that very moment I was to change my name.  

Its not as though I heard this booming voice saying "I want you to change your name."  Nope, it wasn't that grand.  It was just a strange yet beautiful knowing.  So why didn't I tell you back then?  Because I've had to come to terms with it myself first.  To tell people who have known me all my life or even just worked with me in the past few years or months to call me a totally different name is a bit out there, even for me.  I giggle every time I think about telling one of you on the phone when you call me or how I'll introduce my-new-self to people in the community.  To tell you the truth my husband isn't even quite used to the idea, let alone ME!!!

For the past 3 years I've been praying for and reading scriptures on humility and for God to strip me of all pride (because it is SO not about me!) and I think this is His funny way of doing that:)  

Side Note:  
wanna know what it means?
Diella: Latin for worshipper of God
Wyatt: having the strength of a warrior (or so my baby name book says:).  It can also mean brave, strong and even guide
Go ahead....try it......say it with me.....Dee-ella Wyatt....feels good, eh?!?

I'd like to take you on another wee bullet pointed journey...this time through Bible-land. 
  • Anyone remember Abraham? what about Paul?
    • God changed Abraham's name from Abram 
    • so when anyone said his name they were saying "Hey, Father of Many Nations" way before he even had ONE kid.  It was a profession of faith
  • What about Saul who was killing Christians then had a miraculous conversion (Acts chapter 9)? Later in chapter 13 you read his name was changed to Paul.  
  • Then there was Simon, also called Peter.  
  • Then two more people who had their name changed to mean something else, HERE and HERE:

My point?  Its not really that big of a deal, folks.  Well, other than it's a big, huge deal to me.  


One thing I can tell you is this....I'm stepping into a beautiful plan God has scripted just for me and I intend to "get over myself" and allow Him to live and move in me and through me.  I hope you'll all listen to that still small voice inside leading you into God's perfect, beautiful plan for your life....regardless of how nutty it may seem to your brain.  It won't always be easy but I can assure you it will be an adventure!
Don't forget that Proverbs 3:5-6 tells us to "lean not on your own understanding..."  Not to mention Isaiah 55:8-9 says "...as the heavens are higher than the earth so are My ways higher than your ways and; My thoughts higher than your thoughts."  

That's it in a nutshell (a big, fat, octagon-ally shaped nutshell:)

Back to me:  
If you have a minute I wanna pray for you right now:
Father God I pray that you will speak to each and every heart reading this post so they would know the truth that You are the One True Living God and that You have a beautiful, perfect plan already laid out for the person reading this right now.  A plan of peace, joy, hope, prosperity and health.  I pray that You will speak to them clearly so they'll know which path to take and; protect them as they trust in You.  Only You can free them from bondage, forgive them of their past, set their feet on the Rock and give them an abundant life full of victory.  
Thank You for answering their prayers and giving them everything they need to accomplish Your plan on this earth.  In Jesus name I pray and give You thanks AMEN!

(read Romans 10:9-10, Philippians 4:19, Psalms 32:8, Jeremiah 29:11 for a clearer understanding of His word and His plan for you)

One more little thing I might suggest: there's a little diella wyatt inside of each of you....as we are all created to be brave, strong worshippers of God.  

Much love and hugs to you.....and of course glittery goodness!

your old-new friend,
Diella Wyatt


Ok just one more thing, promise!
My husband is the most amazing man I know, my strongest supporter and my best friend so, it must be said....legally, I am not giving up his last name (it'll still be on all documents).....oh and Honey....I love you more than words (even those in my expansive vocabulary) could ever describe.....your love and prayers keep me moving forward everyday
XOXOX



  

9 comments:

  1. I have no doubt you are following God's call in this, and what a beautiful thing to be a "worship warrior"! LOVE IT! I'm sure it'll take getting used to for everyone, but we'll get there. can I call you Blu, or do you prefer Diella?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Maja and many thanks to all the others who have been texting me love & support. So great to feel loved & accepted!!!!

      Delete
  2. You are beautiful and BLESSED, Miss Diella Wyatt! I am so glad i read this post...reminds me of our conversation last night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. are you looking for best life partner in best and genuine matrimony? check our site https://kalyanammatrimony.in/. We are kalyanam matrimony one of the fastest growing matrimonial site. visit our site If you want a suitable life partner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thegreypear.blogspot.com/2012/09/finally-my-little-news.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantastic post. It includes a lot of crucial elements that make it actually work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Name Is a Aiesh And I Am From Turkey i Just Read This Blog
    Very Good Blog Amazing Look And Informative look like A Professional Blog.
    Ertugrul Ghazi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Recruitment agencies actively scour the Saudi Arabian job market, identifying diverse opportunities across industries.

    ReplyDelete

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme