facebook twitter pinterest instagram youtube
 photo toppost.png

Thursday, June 28, 2012

ROOMS :: focus


Humor me for a second.  
Imagine a big house with many rooms, vast corridors, lush gardens and a kitchen made for
entertaining loads of family & friends.  Some rooms have this “museum feel” where you don’t really wanna “hang out”. While other rooms have cozy linen furniture, luxurious floor to ceiling curtains covering picture windows, blue chip art adorn the walls and each surface has the perfect display of memorabilia and collectibles without being overdone.  The gardens are sprawling with every beautiful plant & flower you can imagine. Then in the back of the closet of the opulent master suite there’s a hidden door no one knows about.  On the other side of that door lays a dark, cluttered & filthy space full of spider webs and creepy crawlies that give my skin goose pimples even talking about it.  Do you see what I see? 

I’m talking about the rooms of thoughts inside each and every one of us.  We all have the beautiful places where we welcome everyone in: love, kindness, gentleness, generosity, compassion, brilliant ideas, lofty goals and the list goes on and on.  But we never talk about the dark hidden place lurking with uglies like fear, doubt, self-consciousness, anger, selfishness and unforgiveness.

Word Focus:
Lately my focus has been like a laser beam on the power of my words.   I can attribute my deeper revelation to a message I heard while in Dallas at The Sound Worship Conference by Amie Dockery. She said “speak the word of God...have a script if you need to...start ”creating a prophetic picture of what you want to see in your household, in your life.”   Although I’ve heard similar messages countless times, this message gave me a crystal clear mental picture of what my words are doing to my world around me.  She said you wrap yourself in the words you speak.  I was speaking the truth in the famine instead of creating a picture of what I wanted to see.
 
Really listen to your words then CHANGE THEM in order to create your testimony...draw it out and you WILL see it come to pass.

What if we give our marriage, family, finances, career the voice they greatly deserve by simply opening our mouths & drawing a beautiful picture of that abundant life we so desire?
 
  • What do you think would happen? 
  • Why not try it? 
  • What could you lose? 


Stop speaking the facts of the negativity you’re experiencing in your life.  SPEAK LIFE!!!!!  Proverbs 18:21 says “The power of life or death is in the power of the tongue and those who love it will eat its fruit.”


a fun sneak peek of what’s to come
If you’re a Facebook friend you can see that sometime back I changed my FB name to Blu Wyatt.  I giggle even when I type this to you.  I’ll just leave you with this....Wyatt means “strength of a warrior”.  That’s all I’m gonna give you right now.    I told you change is coming (soon) & it’s ALL GOOD!  

Can you guess???


I love y'all...please let me know how you're doing & if this word change business is working for you....I know I'm wrapping myself in new words today and hope you're joining me on the adventure!

xox.....me

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to a renewed journey.. thank you for the encouragement to spark awareness and YES - start speaking truth and light! Looking forward to new layers peeled back and discovering more truth and light shining through!
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme