facebook twitter pinterest instagram youtube
 photo toppost.png

Monday, September 17, 2012

taking a risk


I'm constantly in a random reading process.  I have anywhere from 2-6 books I'm reading at any given time.  I like to keep them spread all throughout the house so I can sit just about anywhere & find a book on hand.  I ask often God what He wants me to see, hear or do so when I have some down time (at least once a week) I occasionally find myself picking up one of the books I'm reading & getting exactly what I needed for that day or moment in time.  

You see, God can use anything and anyone to build your faith or help you through a challenging time when you spend time with Him and keep yourself open to hearing and doing what He says.   This is something I've been working on lately, spending time with Him & LISTENING.

Today I pick up my iPad to enter something profound into my Evernote world of idea organization when I see a note that catches my eye "Take a Risk".  Of course, aside from it being my note, I had no clue what was inside.  I had to open it.   It was a photo from one of the pages of The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson....one of the many books I'm reading sporadically.   God answered my prayer right there in front of my face.  

"The greatest chapters in history always begin with risk. and the same is true with the chapters of your life.  If you're unwilling to risk your reputation, you'll never build the boat like Noah or get out of the boat like Peter.  You cannot build God's reputation if you aren't willing to risk yours.  ....  Circle makers are risk takers."  this book is a MUST read as you can tell.  


So that confirms without a doubt what I've felt in my heart for a while.  I must share my news....the my-in-laws-are-gonna-think-I'm-wacko kinda news and soon  I'm thinking I'll have the nerve up by Wednesday so stay tuned.  I just have to figure out how to add a really rockin' picture because pictures speak heavily in my world.   Wait for it.....

1 comment:

  1. LOVED the " you cannot build God's reputation if you arent will ing to risk yours!! awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme