facebook twitter pinterest instagram youtube
 photo toppost.png

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

What is your word? speak it out

Starting off on the right foot….its kinda important.

Just inside of 2017 I’m sensing excitement, more than nervousness, for what’s to come.  There’s hope.
What is your hope for 2017?
 If you were to describe the vision you have for this new year in one word what would that word be?  I’m bringing this question to as many people as I can in order to compile a 3 minute or less video for my YouTube channel by the end of January.  “Hope for 2017”

My word is freedom.  In 2015 I began taking the steps toward freedom.  It all started with a tattoo on my wrist; “free” and the silhouette of a bird flying off.  It has been a process but I believe now the chains are gone.  

The chains of insecurity, depression, shame, fear of what others think and the fear of failure are broken.  I’m not saying I’ll never again fight depression or see old insecurities raising their ugly heads.  The truth is I’m a work in progress.  But by the grace of God I'm set free!  What about you?

Allowing humility to replace pride is another way I’m choosing to decorate my life (because it's always about decorating, right?).  Pride stinks!  James 4:10 says "Humble yourselves before the Lord, and He will lift you up."

I’m no better than anyone and I refuse to compare myself to others which just fuels the insecurities.  There will always be someone better, prettier, stronger, smarter, faster and more successful than me...and that's just fine.  I can be the best me that I can be.  

Key is to find your unique qualities and bank on them, highlight them.  You’re shining brilliantly in your own way.  And if you’re not, then you’re the only one holding you back.

Tough pill to swallow, am I right?   



Well, a big fat Happy New Year 2017!  I challenge you to embrace this new season whole-heartedly.  With all that is within you strive to draw everything possible out of this season.  Learn all you can as you purposefully move toward your dreams and goals.   

So you’ve had some time to think about it….what’s your word?  Share it in the comments below along with a little “why” and we’ll all encourage each other in this thing called life. 

All the best of all the best,

Blu Wyatt

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme