facebook twitter pinterest instagram youtube
 photo toppost.png

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Finding ME...embracing the discovery.

In all the striving I find peace.  I find rest in the midst of the motion of life that surrounds me.  This is a shocker to me.  I had no idea I would be in this place.



I’m sure you’ve been there…so busy your head is spinning and you can’t figure out which task to pickup next or why you can’t get 37 things done at the same time.  You know I have this entire house to go through …inch by inch…drawer by drawer…closet by closet.
 Getting rid of things left, right and center preparing for this major journey ahead, along with raising boys, creating, tending to my husband and still finding time to be a friend.

I’m receiving the greatest lesson of all time…learning to rest…while still remaining active and productive.


This season of transition is the most important one I’ve ever faced.  I know God brought me to the middle of a corn field to get my attention.  My focus was scattered.  You see, I’m a go go go girl.  I love to be on the move…active…productive…social…creative.  I love to count the number of things I’ve accomplished in a day, wipe the sweat off my brow and pat myself on the back.  My sense of worth has long been tied up in my accomplishments.  No more.

Our worth has nothing to do with what we do or how fast we do it.  We are valued in God’s eyes no matter the circumstances we find ourselves in or create for ourselves.  Each of us not better than another because His love in without condition.

Question:
Have you learned to just be?  Or do you pride yourself in your busyness?  I used to do just that.  I LOVED admitting to people just how busy I was.  How many projects I was in the middle of…how many things I had to do that day…how many tasks were vying for my attention.  I was a hot mess with no grip on peace or stillness.  In fact, I saw rest as a sign of laziness (in myself, I never placed that undue pressure on anyone else).

It is essential that we learn to take time…breathe…listen and focus.  Each day we get a choice…what will we set our sights on?  What will we choose to focus on?  How will we grow in the middle of the difficulties, obstacles, disappointments, as well as the victories, joys and successes that come our way?  Life is meant to be filled with meaning and passion and direction which can only be found in following God’s perfect plan.

More than anything I just want to be in the perfect will of God for my life…disregarding the pressures placed on me by people…even those I love and respect.  I am me.  It’s high time I learn who that is and own up to it….then start enjoying that awareness.



I’m reading a book (5 actually—see there’s pride stepping in) called Emotionally Healthy Spirituality and in chapter 4 he talks about knowing yourself in order to know God.  Whew…that’s a BIG one.  So many of us…well, all of us…have a false self (most likely layers of).  The one we put on for others as well as ourselves to be more likable and accepted and even loved.  Most times we don’t even realize we’re living under that junk.

Self-awareness and acceptance is a lifelong process…shedding your false self to actually be the real YOU God created…so unique and beautiful in your own special way.  Maybe you’ve already started the process.  Maybe you have no clue what I’m even talking about….then you’re probably buried under the smoke screen facade of false self.  There’s no shame … no judgement.  Simply love.   Tune in and apply yourself to really knowing YOU.  Peel back the pressures from others and even yourself.  You’re worth every bit of it.


I’ll leave you with this question….I would love if you’d comment below and share your growth with this safe community of neighbors.  What one thing have you realized about yourself that you love and appreciate?  Are you a giver?  Are you kind?  Are you a good listener?  Do you think deep thoughts?   Do you love to skip in the local grocery store parking lot with your kiddos?  Are you a good storyteller?  Are you passionate?  Do you have a funny laugh?  

I don’t know…it could be anything….what makes you unique?  I’d love to know!  Until we meet again….follow the journey on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and whatever you do...subscribe to the YouTube channel.


Much love and peace pouring out on your today,

xoxo
Blu






No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme