facebook twitter pinterest instagram youtube
 photo toppost.png

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Summer camping

Hiding under the covers
It's lights out
20 girls in bunks all around me

The day flew by
Food, pool, chapel, bubbles, games, color wars, leader meeting, devotionals, speed walking with Pastor.... and topping it all off ....s'mores!!! 


I love church camp!!!!

God is doing a great work here.  This is exactly what I love summer church camp.  Little hearts learning to love and be loved is life changing and that's exactly why we're here.


Today marks the untimely death of one of our girls' dad.  He died saving two boys from drowning .... right in front of her little four year old eyes.  Heartbreaking, to say the least!  She came to camp very angry and on the defensive.  I didn't like her attitude by I understood she was going through a tough time. 

However, today she took a spoken word breakout session (that she absolutely did NOT want to attend) but totally caused her to open up.  It even brought a new light to her eyes.  Now she's writing poems non stop....with greater joy then I've ever seen her experience. 
I also took the same workshop and may have some things to share in the near future.


My boys (ages 6 and 8) are here too and boy are they loving this new found freedom!!!  Roaming camp with their friends, drinking cokes, eating junk, playing anything and everything, not showering. What am I gonna do for the rest of the summer..::I simply can't compete with camp. 

Ok my thumbs are tired (from slappin' this out on my iPhone), my arms are sore (from holding it up), and I'm sweating (hiding under these covers) so I'm signing out till next week.  Please for us as we experience God in new ways that we might her clearly what He wants to speak to our hearts. 

Be sure to follow us on Instagram and subscribe to the YouTube channel (look at last weeks post for exact links or look me up under Blu Wyatt....you'll find me)

Our power walk is scheduled for 6am and since I only slept 2 hours from last nights icy freezefest, I should sign off! 

Goodnight and sweet dreams...
Love
Blu

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme