facebook twitter pinterest instagram youtube
 photo toppost.png

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

a dream for your life...a fresh start.

A new year is approaching.  A chance to begin again.  A fresh start.  Will you set a new year’s resolution?  Will you keep it?  I’m not a huge fan of them, myself.  They’re just something we start and never finish; then laugh about it 6 months later as you pass the fitness center eating a donut from the Tipton Bakery.  Just saying.  

Don’t get my wrong…I believe its
essential to have dreams and goals.  It takes time, focus and dedication to establish and pursue the ones we lay out for ourselves.  In fact, I have a HUGE dream I’m pursuing and my big challenge is making my goals to achieve this dream clear, measurable and in writing.  I’ve never had that discipline before so I’m clearly trying a new thing.  


This new thing was sparked a month ago when my lovely honey pie gifted me with my first (certainly not my last) Passion Planner.  If I may, let me suggest you look into getting one, as we end this year and begin anew.  It’s a little intimidating at first but I know this tool will help you get focused and stay on track while allowing you creativity and flexibility in tracking your progress.   That brings me to a few questions:

How are you tackling your goals …dreams… for 2017? 
Is it a challenge for you or easy as pie? 
I’d love to hear your comments below.  

I stumble across this paragraph in a book I’m reading (You Don’t Have to Quit by Anne & Ray Ortlundand it grabbed me so I gotta share:

“That’s your need: a dream for your life, the vision that God will give you. 
And when you begin to see its shape, you’ll think
well certainly this activity isn’t compatible, and probably that ought to go….
Live your present life building toward your wonderful future."

It’s time to evaluate every detail of our lives and where our energy is being spent or zapped.  
Then we might have to eliminate a thing or two that don’t line up with the direction we're headed.  In their book they also said “Live your life, not doing things from moment to moment because you feel like it, but doing things decided on in advance, because it’s the time you set to do them.  Be in control!  Manage your life; don’t let it manage you…”  Then and only then can we concentrate our focus on the steps ahead and actually take them with confidence.  Each step at a time.

I pray that I (we) truly absorb and learn this lesson so I don’t have to circle back in a year to learn the same thing.   We’ve all done it…circled the same mountain…only to face the same lesson over and over.

I pray for God to reveal His perfect will for your life and that your plans will succeed according to Proverbs 16:3  “Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed.”  


Many Giant Blessings to you and your family this awesome time of year,

Blu Wyatt


“Begin by asking God very humbly to give you, by the Spirit who dwells in you, the vision of the heavenly life of whole-hearted love and obedience, as it has actually been prepared for you in Christ…Ask earnestly, definitely, believingly, that God can reveal this to you.  Rest not till you know fully what your Father means you to be....”  
Andrew Murray The Two Covenants





No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme