facebook twitter pinterest instagram youtube
 photo toppost.png

Friday, January 11, 2013

Renovation Project: Canyon Lake


As you all know I’m only working part time as a decorator as my full time “mama” role finds me irreplaceable.  I did manage to accomplish one rather large, long-distance design task out in Canyon Lake many months ago.  Can you believe I’m finally finding time to share the finished result?
The gentlemen that gave this home the remarkable transformation it so desperately needed deserve a standing ovation even if only for the landscaping miracles surrounding the driveway & walkup. 

 I had the best time with this project for one reason only.
  All I had to do was shop, design and made decisions.  All the work was done at my suggestion....fun fun fun!  It gives me great joy to work with clients who trust me and allow me the creative freedom necessary to complete a work successfully.

why must I always do this?  not sure but there you have it!
don't forget the details...what a nice job they did, eh?!  I only drew out what I wanted the tiles (along with everything else) to look like (at times only verbally) then 3 months later voila! TEAMWORK!
hello classy lady....you dazzle and gleam
these floors were by far my favorite selection, especially considering the price I found them for:) happy client!

living room opened to a HUGE game room/library/flex room

the owners made this awkward long living room flow into the kitchen by busting out a wall & adding a wee half wall/bar


notice the details in the tile....no detail was overlooked.
I thank God for sending me these me who were so easy to work for
I could find myself enjoying this house:)

the frosted glass accent tile and rounded finish out made the look complete since the budget didn't
allow for tub to ceiling marble:)

I stepped way outside my own personal style for this project.  Notice the bathroom double vanity is floating off the floor
to add visual space for a larger feeling master bath.  I love the sinks and the faucet combo as well.

for me the marble is the artwork in this space.  the veins and color are gorgeous and the price was reasonable


guest bath continues the theme of clean lines and perfect contrast.  You can't tell but the flooring in both
bathrooms is a TILE that looks just like hard wood.  One of my favorite flooring choices for bathrooms.

the picture windows open out to view the lake

only things that didn't make it in the budget....redoing the garage door (sad to see) and the front door.
you've gotta know when to draw the line when renovating and try as hard as you can
to pinch here and there so you have wriggle room at the end of the day.  

the views are beautiful
when I first arrived at this home the front (here) was all rock...NO elevation, walkway, grass, landscaping...just those
2 trees and ROCK....they did a fantastic job creating an atmosphere for the next owners


I had the best time with this project for one reason only.  All I had to do was shop, design and made decisions.  All the work was done at my suggestion....fun fun fun!  It gives me great joy to work with clients who trust me and allow me the creative freedom necessary to complete a work successfully. 

I'm also extremely grateful for the realtor who referred me to their client for this flip...word of mouth is the BEST marketing ....oh wait....it's the ONLY marketing I use:)  

May you be inspired to make some changes or update your space in even the tiniest way possible today....a little goes a LONG way, friends.  Oh, yes...one more thing....today is the day I visit the judge (or at least try) to change my name for REAL...yippie!


Hugs n love,


No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme