facebook twitter pinterest instagram youtube
 photo toppost.png

Thursday, April 11, 2013

did you rise to the challenge yet??

Not sure if you read yesterday's challenge yet but in case you missed it here ya go: heirloom challenge

While the kids were down for a nap I sat down with my jewelry inspiration box (funny, I call it something different every time I speak of it:) and started creating gifts to take north.  I'm sure everyone will find something they love to pick out:)
So without a bunch of blah-di-blah words to describe them I shall share the pictures with you:

the shells on the right came from a pair of earrings I bought in some beautiful place....I can't remember exactly where but it was either one of the islands of Fiji, Tahiti or Hawaii (all my jewelry like this has a story but some have already been forgotten, sadly enough:(  The topaz colored glass or crystal came from an old chandelier 

a little old a little new make this anklet interesting to me.  I ended up having this awesome chain necklace but have always hated the look of it around my neck.....so I turned it into 3 bracelets.  You too could do the same thing with an old chain you find about.

a vintage pin turns into a focal point ...this bracelet's vintage drama makes me smile

Not much to say about this one except the charm is removable so if I decide I don't like it down the line I can trade out the flower

I totally LOVE old keys.  This heavy piece is super unique I've kept to myself for AGES!  Time to share with others:)

I made this for someone special in mind (the back of the Cedar Rapids piece has a unique surprise for its new owner
the 3 circle bit came from an old necklace I had growing up that I used to play dress up....then it turned into a cool accessory I actually wore during high school and even beyond.  It has transformed considerably since then though

"what?!?!"  "A spark plug on a necklace???"  "Are you crazy girl?" why as a matter of fact I do like to not only step out of the box I find myself dancing on it from time to time.  My dad left me with a bunch of old rusted spark plugs I've gotta make something with 'em.  You see how you can use anything as inspiration.  (this may be a total flop but I know I still have to seal this so the rust wouldn't affect the lady's clothes who would dare wear such a wacky thing!
 So there you have it.....one day I'll know more about jewelry making and have some neat-o tools that will make creating far easier & more beautiful (except for maybe the spark plug one, that may be a flop actually)


love y'all
come back tomorrow, hopefully I can post one more before heading up north for my frigid adventures.

Diella Wyatt

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme