facebook twitter pinterest instagram youtube
 photo toppost.png

Saturday, November 3, 2012

thrifting with a twist : a new wardrobe made easy

Many of you know I'm a big fan of thrifting (shopping thrift stores, garage sales and resale shops).  This form of shopping can be quite eventful and rewarding for a multitude of items; furniture, accessories, decor, vintage ANYTHING, funky finds of all sorts and yes, for the more patient folks, even clothes.

Oh my....is this an outfit post?  Why I think it is!  
time crunch + husband scowling face = quick click at the gas station
"hurry Aunt Sunday!" 

click through for more photos and reasons why....
About 10 years ago (my best guess anyway), my dear, sweet, lovely friend Mariana took me to a thrift store for the first time.  (It may not have actually been my first time but its my first memory of the experience)  The smell.....uck!  She has a special technique that allowed her to swiftly scan every single row of clothes, pile them in 1-2 carts then try on each item right there in the aisle.  What an experience!  I left an L.A. thrift store with 5 garbage bags FULL of high-end, name brand clothes for about $150!!!!  From that day on I was hooked.

If you've been following me on Instagram (@LiveDecorated) or twitter (@LiveDecorated) then you know I'm presently deep in this book study "God's Master Plan for Your Life" by Gloria Copeland.  (what rich teaching this has been!)  So rather than walking into my closet saying "I have nothing to wear" for the past 6 weeks I've been saying stuff like "my closet is filled with beautiful, high-end, quality clothes" and "just look at my beautiful new clothes I love wearing."  Well guess what.....
your words are powerful!

Now for the WHY....  Why the outfit post?  What do polka dots and words have in common?
Glad you asked....
This shirt just so happens to be the greatest thrift store find this side of Dallas.  My little $5 dotted miracle!
The shoes were also a thrift find over a year ago and have proven to be quite versatile.
the purse is a B. Makowsky, a special gift from my husband for Christmas last year and I love it...thanks Honey!
My white pants.....well they are my most recent miracle.  A friend from church found them, tags n all, at a garage sale but they didn't fit.....my exact size and length, oh yes they are!  It just goes to show you faith works, miracles DO happen and God's word is true!


see for yourself:
Proverbs 18:21 
James 3:2-5
Mark 11:22-24


Don't get me wrong, I happen to LOVE shopping Nordstrom's, Banana Republic and ANY Outlet Mall!!!  Yet, after 2 babies and 60 lbs gain, lose, gain, almost lose a girl could use a little clothing budget relief...miracles of faith, change of speech (and yes, even thrifting) came to my rescue.


come back later this week if you want some thrifting tips...as well as some links to other thrifting bloggers with loads more tips.  Thrift for a thrill!


Hugs n prayers for good name brand goodness filling your closet,

Diella Wyatt


No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme