facebook twitter pinterest instagram youtube
 photo toppost.png

Friday, March 16, 2012

bareback with Story


these kids loved their horse experience

Today's Horse Adventure:
Can I share a bit of random stuff first??
Horses have been a passion of mine since birth, really.  I learned bareback & western at the Cedar Valley Stables back when my uncle was owner.  When I moved to Texas (Corpus Christi-ish) I was welcomed into this amazingly beautiful family of equestrians---hello, perfect world! 
My girlfriend Morgan, then 10, and I would ride at least once a day but usually more like 3 or 4 (talk about passionate).   With sprawling roads to the left & right of us we were sure to find adventure.  My favorite was to find the longest stretch of grass along the road (‘bout a half a mile long) and announce a “dream canter” or a “race ya!”.  
There was the rare occasion (ok, not that rare) we’d take a midnight ridealone or with the whole family.  We’d randomly jump on whichever horse we found into while roaming the pasture and ride along the beach after a long night of dancing.  What fun we had!  Those horses were so patient! 
saying a special "thank you" to Story

One time I was riding Kaanzthis beautiful teenage-boy-kinda-mischievous grey gelding---when we decided to stop off and chat with a friend.  While chatting I had one leg over his neckchillin’ (like an idiot)and sweet, goofy Kaanz bit the hot wire (electric fence)!!  I held on like gluethat is until I came to grips that it was nearly impossible for me to swing my body from under his neck (can you picture that) to the top of his back while at a dead gallop.I let go..he trampled my legs:)  That’ll teach me!  I still have the dents in my shins.   (huh.did I have a saddle on or not?  No clue!)
Might not seem like a real funny story but I assure youI laughed!!!

Time for one more story? 
Sometimes just for kicks Morgan & I would each jump on a horseno bridle, no saddle, or anything else to hold ontoon a black moonless night, lay down on the horse’s neck (to avoid being clotheslined by a tree) & KICK!  We’d run them all the way back to the house ..practically blind:) 
now that’s trust!  
Uhhhhor stupidity!

Well with 2 kids at my side, today wasn’t quite so adventurous; however, ANY contact with horses these days is pretty exciting :)  Here's today's adventure:)

love those little donkeys....quite friendly & perfectly sized

love n hugs (soaked in the best aroma ever---HORSE)

Trish

1 comment:

  1. LOL I was already thinking of Kaanz when I saw the title. You did have a saddle at the time, but there was no coming back from that SHOCK! The boys need to come out and ride Lorelei's lil pony Remi.

    ReplyDelete

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme