|his last visit to our house....with Tiernan and this truck he's had since I was born|
Grieving the loss of your father is one thing but when you lose someone you love to suicide
a whole different set of yucky emotions surface.
I’m tough, I am! I trust in God, I do! Yet sometimes I’m caught off guard by a memory, a picture, a note, and oh yeah, his tool belt around my hips that I’m overcome with tears. Today was one of those days.
My dad was far from perfect....but I sure loved him.
You know I’m not the type to dwell, just sharing real life with you. On a lighter side and through a couple tearful outbursts, I still managed to:· Paint the front porch
· finish trim work on back porch
· pick up the whole house—didn’t make it to the floors yet again!
· Stage the living room & play room
· Clean & organize the garage—again!!! Marc & I must have a serious conversation about how much I’d appreciate him staying out of that part of the house or simply picking up after himself:) novel idea
What I failed to accomplish:
· Iron clothes
· Change the sheets
· Clean the floors
· Take a bath (still time for that...yeah for me)
· Drink enough water...oh yeah, time for that too